The Metal Minute Awarded 2009 Best Personal Blog By Metal Hammer Magazine

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Whattya Listenin' to Thursday - 6/26/08

Yeah, I'm a day off, but my schedule's wrecked, my stomach is wrecked and my entire life is wrecked until I know for sure I have full-time work, which I've been trying to procure in the way of a temporary situation. Between the baby, an hour commute and a hard-hitting stomach bug, things have been hellish, to say the least. Very little sleep, lots of time spent trying to keep the baby happy, nothing on the tube except for Noggin for the little sprout, zilcho energy-wise and next to zero on the writing tip. As they say, you bring a child into your home, it's not about you anymore.

Suffice it to say, I listen to most of my music anymore on the road, though I snuck in some random listening and reviewing time last weekend. After the Journey faux pas this week, I'm just ready to move away from that and get into the next thing, which is the new Crue album, Saints of Los Angeles. I was pleasantly surprised to see that promo hit my mailbox and even more so to hear that the thing rocks pretty hard! I'd have to say it's their heaviest album since Shout at the Devil, if not the self-titled Motley Crue album with John Carabi. By all means check it out and stand by for a review here at The Metal Minute.

Of course, after seeing Maiden last week, I had a heavy dash of them as well. I was tickled that a friend of mine who ended up at the show and had never heard them before came out wowed and converted. Up the Irons! Prayers go out to another friend of mine whose father has terminal cancer; I have nothing to complain about in comparison...



Motley Crue - Saints of Los Angeles
Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast
Iron Maiden - Killers
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind
Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death
Journey - Revelation
Journey - Greatest Hits
Boris - Smile
Tears For Fears - The Hurting
Mr. Bungle - S/T
Carnivore - S/T
Carnivore - Retaliation
I Shalt Become - Requiem
Belphegor - Bondage Goat Zombie
Equilibrium - Sagas

8 comments:

bob_vinyl said...

Joe Jackson - Live 1980/86 (disc 1)
Angry Samoans - Yesterday Started Tomorrow
Angry Samoans - STP Not LSD
Midnight Oil - Diesel and Dust
Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound
Briggs - Come All You Madmen
Totimoshi - Milagrosa
Caesars - Strawberry Weed
New Found Glory - Tip of the Iceberg
Cinematic Sunrise - A Coloring Storybook and Long Playing Records (it really does have a coloring book and crayons with it!)
Canine 10 - Don't Be Boring
Brooke Fraser - Albertine
Dead Man - Euphoria
Shuteye Unison
Means - To Keep From Sinking
They and the Children - Home
Grave Robber - Be Afraid
Take It Back - Can't Fight Robots
Shin Jin Rui - Zutiqua
Dead Leaf Echo - Pale Fire

Rhodeislandrock said...

Judas Priest - Nostradmus
Motley Crue - S.O.L.A.
Journey - Revelation
Tyr - Land
Headhunter - Parasite Of Society
KISS - Carnival Of Souls
Annihilator - Metal

cjk_44 said...

the top 3 remains the same. finally picked up BtBaM's "Colors" - wow.

1. Opeth – Watershed
2. Moonspell – Night Eternal
3. King Crimson – The Collectable King Crimson: Volume 3 (Live, 1996)
4. Between the Buried and Me – Colors
5. 3 – The End is Begun
6. Amorphis – Tales from the Thousand Lakes
7. Trey Gunn – Music for Pictures
8. Gamma Ray – Land of the Free II
9. Rolling Stones – Shine A Little Light
10. Eric Clapton – 461 Ocean Boulevard

bob_v - i was listening to some unplugged/live stuff at work and "Beds are Burning" was one of the track. great band as their catalog is full of stellar tracks.

Metal Mark said...

Lots of Journey
Ganon-As above so below
Bonded by blood-Feed the beast
Gama Bomb-Citizen Brain
The Exploited-Troops of tomorrow and Punks not dead
Lots of Misfits
Means-To keep from sinking
Acid King-Busse Park
Ancestors-Neptune with fire
Breaker-Get Tough

Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

whoo, lookit you go, Bob, crayons and all!

nice selection, Rhodey, so what are your Nostradamus impressions?

nice one for you too, cjk; welcome to the BTBAM bandwagon! I've always dug Midnight Oil as well

Mark, very cool list as well; how is BBB? I had to laugh at first, figuring they were obviously Exodus inspired

David Amulet said...

Another crazy busy week (perhaps not to your level, but close). I've had time for these in my car:

Judas Priest, Nostradamus
Deep Purple, Machine Head
The Beatles, Revolver
Dave Matthews Band, Live at Red Rocks
Motley Crue, Shout at the Devil
Pink Floyd, Meddle

Fred Charles said...

Did the fact that you have a stomach bug make you choose Mr Bungle (It's not funny my ass is on FIRE!).

I'm a huge Bungle fan. I've seen them live around 3 times. Too bad that they are probably gone for good.

Welcome to Club Noggin, by the way. Make sure you catch Yo Gabba Gabba, which is a kids show created by some of the band members from The Aquabats. This show also features with drawing lessons by members of Devo and Biz Markie....

1. Opeth - Watershed
2. Firewater - The Golden Hour
3. Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
4. Cop Shoot Cop - White Noise

Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

Fred, nice irony there, eh? Must've been Patton's diarrhea explosion at the end of track two, heh... Bungle will be dead forever, I'm sure; I understand Patton doesn't really care to talk about it, but you know how people talk...

I didn't know that about Yo Gabba Gabba... I was like, boo, steal from the Ramones, boo! My wife was like, this shit's too weird. But now I'll check it out sometime.

David, can't argue with that selection, brother!