The Metal Minute Awarded 2009 Best Personal Blog By Metal Hammer Magazine

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Whattya Listenin' to Thursday - 7/10/08

So here we go again, late on the draw with this segment. The little spud's got me on my toes and I've had him to myself a lot this past Saturday and most of the nights this week as wifey and I juggle our external commitments and run like mad to shuttle him to meeting places and get him back home. Unfortunately yours truly fell down for the count on Tuesday night in a haze of exhaustion. All you parents out there, I salute you...

At the least, the baby and I have been watching a lot of music DVDs so foster daddy can get a sliver of his writing finished and we've listened to a lot of music together, plus I've been on a blitz of reviewing as well. If there's any front runner this, it would be the latest MSG album since it's not so hectic for the baby, and he really seems to dig it in our travels home. I'm quite impressed with the new Nachtmystium album, so much I'm not sure it's appropriate to call them black metal anymore since they've turned highly progressive with little to resemble them as blackened. Also stay tuned for a review of the Nuclear Blast comp Pagan Fire, which they did an outstanding job with. And so, without further adieu, check 'em in, peeps...



MSG - In the Midst of Beauty
Nachtmystium - Assassins: Black Meddle Pt. 1
The Beatles - Please Please Me
The Beatles - Hard Day's Night
Bob Dylan - Blonde On Blonde
Lion's Share - Emotional Coma
Pagan Fire
Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine
Whitechapel - This Is Exile
Totimoshi - Milagrosa
Carnivore - Carnivore
Brown Jenkins - Angel Eyes
Dream Theater - Greatest Hit...and 21 Other Pretty Cool Songs
Black Sabbath - The Rules of Hell
Venomous Concept - Poisoned Apple
Aborted - Strychnine.213

5 comments:

bob_vinyl said...

Nuclear Assault - Handle with Care
FUs - My America
Grateful Dead - Live/Dead
Joe Jackson - Volume 4 bonus live EP
Nick Drake - Pink Moon
Prints - Just Thoughts
Tanya Tagaq - Auk~Blood (Mike Patton has a cameo on here)
Tippy Canoe and the Paddlemen - Parasols and Pekingese
Hit the Lights - Skip School, Start Fights
Beat Union - Disconnected
Jet Black Berries - Sundown on Venus
Salem 66 - A Ripping Spin
Game Theory - Big Shot Chronicles
Yardbirds - BBC Sessions
Omni - Ghosts
Klark Kent
Screamin' Sirens - Fiesta
Fugazi - Peel Session
Channel Zero - demo
Son of Dave - 03

Burn to Shine Vol. 5 DVD (the best music video series ever!)

cjk_44 said...

1. Opeth – Watershed, Ghost Reveries
2. Three – The End Is Begun, Wake Pig
3. Iron Maiden – Piece of Mind
4. Vinnie Moore – Live!
5. Death – Human
6. The Crown – Possessed 13
7. No-Man – Returning Jesus
8. Radiohead – In Rainbows
9. California Guitar Trio – Echoes
10. Robert Plant – all

David Amulet said...

An interesting mix there--this is the list of yours, over the past two years or so, that I've listened to the LEAST of.

My car's six:

Judas Priest, Nostradamus
Genesis, Selling England by the Pound
Alcatrazz, Disturbing the Peace
Eagles of Death Metal, Death by Sexy
Iron Maiden, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
The Who, Who's Next

Ian Aiken said...

1. INIQUITY - The Hidden Lore, Five Across The Eyes
2. BLOODBATH - Breeding Death
3. BLACK SABBATH - All with Ozzy......
4. FOCUS - Focus III
5. METALLICA - And Justice For All
6. ABORTED - Strychnine 213
7. DARK ANGEL - Time Does Not Heal
8. KING CRIMSON - Starless and Bible Black
9. OPETH - Watershed

Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

Bob's on an official tear! Of course I love that Nuclear Assault album, and I haven't heard the FU's in forever! And I told you my fruitless endeavors to track down that Klark Kent album! I GOTTA hear it! Never heard of Burn to Shine, wow

cjk and Ian, I'm behind on getting that Opeth disc, but that's just the way of the world. Not like I'm hurting for music around here, lol... cool lists, both of ya

David, your comments made me laugh, bro. All kinda strangeness in my promo boxes! A lotta goodies, though, like the new Keep of Kalessin, holy shtoikies... I was spinning Eagles of DM last night while working on a separate project, love love love that album