The Metal Minute Awarded 2009 Best Personal Blog By Metal Hammer Magazine

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Whattya Listenin' to Wednesday - 8/19/09

Howdy, howdy, readers, Wednesday already?

After awhile you start becoming numb to life's hardships, so I leave a dreadful week behind and subsequently watch my air conditioning die this week. Sure beats huffing around in a desert with fatigues and equipment strapped to my back in a strained environment, so I'll grunt quietly and bear this for the moment.

On the the flipside, I will be a guest tonight on The Ripple Effect web radio program at 8:00 pm PST or 11:00 pm EST, which should be hellafun.

I did managed to kick out lots of jams this past week to keep the spirits up and to get a little work done here and thar. Though not everyone thinks it's their best, I'm a sucker for MC5's Back in the USA, albeit all of their albums are cooler than cool. I've also fallen real hard into the new Chthonic album, which you can read my review in due time at About.com Heavy Metal along with the new Gwar album, Pantheon I and Onslaught's Live Damnation.

I have a write-up of the 40th anniversary edition of the Woodstock movie for DVD Review.com, and the bonus features disc is faboo, just for the three Creedence Clearwater Revival cuts alone, wowzers. I might have to schedule a trip to the Woodstock grounds and museum to take my mama up there when times get a bit easier. At the very least, it inspired me to jot down a couple poems and get lost in nonsensical wish-I-was-there thoughts. Who wouldn't want to have been there bear witness to that comsic Jimi performance, sheesh?



MC5 - Back in the USA
MC5 - Kick Out the Jams
MC5 - High Time
Chthonic - Mirror of Retribution
Chuck Mosley and VUA - Will Rap Over Hard Rock For Food
Judas Priest - British Steel
Judas Priest - Point of Entry
Onslaught - Live Damnation
Pantheon I - Worlds I Create
Gwar - Lust in Space
MGR/Destructo Swarmbots! - Amigos de la Guitarra
The Best of Woodstock
Halloween II (Rob Zombie) soundtrack
Loudness - Thunder in the East
Ozzy Osbourne - The Ultimate Sin
Machines of Grace - s/t

4 comments:

Ian Aiken said...

I'm fighting insomnia. I feel like a damn zombie. Oh well, here's my list.

1. OPETH - Deliverance, Morningrise
2. CAMEL - Mirage
3. MELECHESH - Sphinx
4. GREEN CARNATION - Light of Day-Day of Darkness
5. SLAYER - Haunting the Chapel
6. WILLY PORTER - S/T
7. GENTLE GIANT - Three Friends
8. DARK THRONE - Soulside Journey
9. GRAVE - Back From the Dead
10. VITAL REMAINS - Into Cold Darkness
11. ENTOMBED - Clandestine

DPTH International said...

August Burns Red - Constellations
Bonded By Blood-Feed The Beast
Dekapitator-Storm Before the calm
Hallows Eve - Tales of Terror
Hyades-The roots of thrash
Laaz Rockit - left for dead
Paganfire-compilation
Ugly Kid Joe-Menace to sobriety
Solitude Aeturnis-adigo
Zao - Awake
Faith Or Fear-instruments of death
Keepers of dreams-taste smashed to pieces
Ulvhedin - pagan manifest
Suicidal Tendencies-Friends & family 2
Bal-Sagoth-Starfire Burning Upon The Ice-Veiled Throne of Ultima Thule
Warrior Soul- Drugs, God and the new republic

Metal Mark said...

Fury UK-VR
The Killer Robots
Blackout-Evil Game
Guns and Roses-several
Motorhead-Another perfect day
GI-The punk remains the same
JFA-To all our friends
Painted Willie-Mind Bowling
Sister Sin-Switchblade serenade
Scorpions-Lovedrive
Wodensthrone-Loss
The Accused-The curse of Martha Splatterhead

cjk_44 said...

Darkest Hour – The Eternal Return
Dark Tranquillity – Projector (reissue/re-mastered)
Porcupine Tree – The Incident (preview via their myspace page)
Minsk – With Echoes in the Movement of Stones
Morglbl – Jazz for the Deaf
Devin Townsend Project – Ki
Riverside – Rapid Eye Movement
Clutch – Full Fathom Five: Audio Field Recordings
Buddy Guy & Junior Wells – Buddy Guy & Junior Wells Play the Blues
The Robert Cray Band – This Time

This week’s reading list: “All My Life for Sale”