The Metal Minute Awarded 2009 Best Personal Blog By Metal Hammer Magazine

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Whattya Listenin' to Wednesday - 12/9/09

Not a lot of blab for ya this week, gang. Been a hard, hard way to go lately and simply pushing through it all with forced grins.

A great big thank you to both Bruce Kulick and Mary Forsberg Weiland for keeping my spirits up with our fun interviews this past week. Getting to thank Bruce for throwing me a pick during Kiss' Crazy Nights tour was one of the items on my mental checklist finally notched up. Mary is also a sweet person and given her busy schedule following the release of her book Fall to Pieces, I'm honored for the time she graciously gave me for the interview, which ought to be running at Fangoria.com shortly. Also be looking for the Bruce Kulick interview anytime now at Dee Snider's House of Hair Online. While you're there, check out my interview with Living Colour's Corey Glover.

Back at Fango, I reviewed the reissue of King Diamond's House of God this week and more are heading over in that direction, so please bounce in over yonders as you would here. About.com Heavy Metal is running my best-of lists along with the rest of the staff, so take a peek there if ya please. Over here, The Metal Minute's Up to the Minute awards ought to be slinking in soon.

And as always, friends, grazi...




The Black Dahlia Murder - Deflorate
Gonin Ish - Naishikyo-Sekai
Mastodon - Crack the Skye
Bruce Kulick - BK3
Subhumans - Worlds Apart
Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian
Hypno5e - Des Deux L'une Est L'autre
DYSE - Lieder sind Bruder der Revolution
Agnostic Front - Cause for Alarm
Kiss - Sonic Boom
The Cure - Bloodflowers
King Diamond - House of God
Brown Jenkins - Death Obsession

7 comments:

bob_vinyl said...

Radikal Fear Chicago All-Stars comp
WASP - Babylon
Voivod - Infini
Thin Lizzy - Shades of a Blue Orphanage
Thin Lizzy - Vagabonds of the Western World
The Who Sings My Generation
J Church - Society is a Carnivorous Flower
Norma Jean vs the Anti Mother

I also listened to some comp of hardcore/metalcore/post-hardcore badns doing GnR covers, but I can't remember the title.

bob_vinyl said...

Oh yeah, I was listening to 7 Seconds - Soulforce Revolution yesterday and I also have played Eric Byrd Trio's Charlie Brown Christmas (that's the trio that played after the movie at the Arts Council last week).

Metal Mark said...

Listening..
Shroud Eater-demo
Dr. Grind-Speechless
Bruce Kulick-BK3
Hardlein-Down to the fire
Railway-three re-issues
Blood Mary-We rock, you suck!
UDO-Dominator
WASP-Babylon

Watching..
Hellboy
Chips
Christmas Story

cjk_44 said...

Generally:
Any metal album released in 2009 (set to random)

Specifically:
Burnt by the Sun – Heart of Darkness
Scale the Summit – Carving Desert Canyons
Immortal – All Shall Fall
Autumnblaze – Perdition Diaries
Condemned – And That’s How I Found Them
Sepultura – A-Lex
Wolves in the Throne Room – Diadem of 12 Stars
Darkane – Layer of Lies
The Cult – all
Donald Fagen – Kamakiriad
Vince Gill – These Days: Workin’ On A Big Chill

Reading: “The Death of Bunny Munro” by Nick Cave and “The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger” by Stephen King

Ray, nice pull with "Awaken the Guardian" - i've gotta pull that one out for a spin.

Anonymous said...

0951成人頻道下載,免費視訊聊天,成人網站,色情守門員,成人貼圖區,成人視訊,自拍美女,0204貼圖區,聊天室ut,ec成人,成人視訊,哈啦聊天室,dodo豆豆聊天室,台灣情色網,69成人,小高聊天室,免費交友,咆哮成人繁體,貼圖片區,正妹百人斬,正妹走光,正妹桌布,免費視訊聊天,1069交友,美女交友,080視訊聊天室,6k聊天館,巨乳,失落的世界聊天,色聊天室,成人視訊,玩美女人,嘟嘟成人網,情色交友網,成人電影,影音視訊聊天室,一葉情貼圖片區,情色視訊,交友聯誼,av美女,

Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

Bob, where'd you get that NJ v. Anti Mother? Never heard of that! And I forgot all about the Christmas trio, auuugh! as Charlie Brown would say

Mark, I went to scout for the new UDO on the Candlelight website but it's no longer available. Did they send you a hard copy?

cjk, wicked list, bro...I always like taking walk with Awaken at least once a year just to remind me how LA power metal sounded before it turned "respectable prog," lol...the later era Fates Warning is good too, but I'll take Awaken and No Exit first

Anon, wish I could read kanji, but thanks for reading here!

bob_vinyl said...

I got Norma Jean versus the Anti Mother as a promo last summer when it came out, but I recently picked up the vinyl from the Vinyl Collective/Suburban Home warehouse sale. I also got the Almighty Norma Jean box set (4 LPs, 3 split color and one picture disc), four ETID LPs and a 36 Crazyfists LP. They threw in 20 CDs of their choice and the whole thing was under $60 with shipping!

By the way, I can't read kanji either, but I know what Anon's post says...SPAM. Check the links (but don't click). It's all crap.