The Metal Minute Awarded 2009 Best Personal Blog By Metal Hammer Magazine

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Whattya Listenin' to Wednesday - 2/10/10

To hell with winter and this disgusting marathon of snow...

This past Saturday we got 2.5 feet dumped on us, and now we're currently in the middle of another snow-holing as I write this, 10 inches and expected to go higher. For all of my mountain-based readers, how do ya'll put up with this shit on a constant basis? I live outside of Baltimore and our region just claimed the leader board for total snowfall in a season. Fuck the white shit, is my mantra.

Life this week has been spent shoveling out and dealing with the crummy weather and a little toddler going berserk from it all, plus a nice dose of work on the novel, which should have its first draft ready within 10-11 chapters.

Congrats to the New Orelans Saints! What a beautiful thing to happen in this country. Unless you're an Indy fan, it's pretty hard not to feel good for those Saints and the entire Louisiana region. A special congrats to Drew Brees for believing in himself and never giving up despite the naysayers who tried to run him out of the league. Humble rebellion pays off.

Stay tuned here at The Metal Minute for upcoming reviews of the new Heathen album plus Krakow and other goodies.

To the rack I head, already having scooped one layer out and resigned to having more shoveling fun. Yip yip. Popping the ibuprofen in advance andd lobbying for Punxsatawney Phil's deportment in the morning.





Heathen - The Evolution of Chaos
Krakow - Monolith
Dommin - Love is Gone
Hypno5e - Des Deux L'Une Est L'Autre
Milton - s/t
Puffy Amiyumi - Splurge
Death - Scream Bloody Gore
Ace Frehley - Trouble Walkin'

6 comments:

bob_vinyl said...

Madness - Aqua Folies-New York 1983
Status Quo - Stockholm 71
Specials - Hurrah's, New York City-January 1980
Dirt Mall - Pacifuego
Katrina and the Waves - Washington DC 1985
Dream Syndicate - Days of Wine and Roses
The Ditty Bops - 3-07-08-Freight & Salvage Coffee House, Berkeley, CA
The Pretenders - Live In Amsterdam 1980
Dream Syndicate - The Day Before Wine and Roses-Live at KPFK, September 5, 1982
Los Lobos - Amsterdam 1987
Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound
Kiss - The Lost Alive II Album
Alice Cooper - Long Island 1972
Barton Carroll - Together You and I
Wolfmother - Olympia Theatre, Dublin, Ireland 1-13-10
Tia Carrera - The Quintessential

I'd kinda had it with the snow too, but Linda talked me into getting a snow blower, so now I'm cool with the snow. You've seen my driveway. I shoveled it twice by hand and that was kinda of the tipping point for getting the blower. I guess I should put some Voi Vod on the mp3 player and head back out to clear the driveway again.

cjk_44 said...

Ihsahn – After
Dark Tranquillity – We Are the Void
Paradise Lost – Symbol of Life
Soilwork – Sworn to a Great Divide
Solefad – Pills Against the Ageless Ills
Fates Warning – No Exit
Covenant – Nexus Polaris
Ozzy Osbourne – Down to Earth
Mother Love Bone – Apple
Moțrhead Р1916
Primus – Sailing the Seas of Cheese

Reading: “The Book of Basketball: The NBA According to the Sports Guy” by Bill Simmons, “The Fountainhead” by Ayn Rand

I grew up in New England so I don’t have a problem with snow or snow removal that I’m responsible for. I know quite well that the counties don’t have the equipment and the county staff don’t have the training for proper, efficient snow removal – yet I am still galled by the counties’ poor response to the storms this season. I love how the community I’m in has collectively come together to clear our streets, etc. (the county will not plow our end of the neighborhood even though it is a “county” road). There is a massive team effort with snow blowers and shoveling to make our street passable down to bare pavement and all driveways, sidewalks, and walkways safe for everyone. Anyhooo …. given the fact that I am not getting any younger and the fact that my kids are still too young to provide real help with snow removal I will be in the market for a snow blower this upcoming Fall.

DPTH International said...

I hear ya, Ray! I can sympathize about the snow shoveling. However, this blessed winter we have seen nothing more then 5 cm at a time. It has been disturbingly weird as last year at this time, I had mountains of snow piles.

I believe this is due to the fact that I have a snow blower (donated by my Father) now, and so it will never snow more then 5 cm ever again around me.

I feel for you all.

Charred Walls of The Damned-S/T
Anoxia-Lapdance for the devil
Faith No More-The real thing,King for a Day ... , and Angel Dust
Falconer- Among Beggars and thieves, Chapters from a Vale Forlorn, and Grime Vs. Gandeur
Olympos Mons-Conquistador
Heimdall-Temple of Theil, The Almighty, Hard As Iron
Odds-Neopolitan, Bedbugs
Onward - discography

The Klepto said...

1. Blood Ceremony - Blood Ceremony
2. Brant Bjork - Jalamanta
3. Camarosmith - Camarosmith
4. Ché - Sounds of Liberation
5. Eight Hands For Kali - Himalayan Necromantia
6. Flood - Native
7. Goblin Cock - Come With Me If You Want To Live
8. Kalas - Kalas
9. Kyuss - Blues For The Red Sun
10. Kyuss - Sons of Kyuss
11. Kyuss - Wretch
12. Led Zeppelin - Houses Of The Holy
13. Led Zeppelin - In Through The Out Door
14. Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin
15. Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II
16. Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III
17. Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV
18. Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti (2 Disc)
19. Led Zeppelin - Presence
20. Lo-Pan - Sasquanaut
21. Tummler - Queen to Bishop VI
22. Wino - Punctuated Equilibrium

Jeff said...

I'm sick of the snow and am just about ready to pack up and head to Southern Cal.

Death From Above 1979 - You're a Woman I'm a Machine
The Who - Tommy
The Who - Quadrophenia
The Dead Weather - Horehound
The White Stripes - De Stijl
U2 - Under a Blood Red Sky
Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

Bob, you're on fire the past two weeks after hitting a rut as you told me. Voivod would've made my shoveling easier, definitely!

Jeff, I'm following you and hope we don't stumble upon any mudslides

Klepto's in the low-end key! Nice 'n fuzzy on your end.

Dpth, you're in Canada, right? You probably get more cold winds than us and we've had a long string of chill even without 79.9 inches of total snow this season

cjk, I'm sure up in the NE region it's bitching cold and snowy a lot...I always think of Stephen King's Storm of the Century when we get lots of snow and I'm sure it came honestly