The Metal Minute Awarded 2009 Best Personal Blog By Metal Hammer Magazine

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Whatttya Listenin' to Wednesday - 3/10/10

Howdy ho, neighbors!

A little brief again this week. Condolensces go out to my friend Metal Mark and his family with the passing of his mom this week. A truly fine lady and it's all very surreal.

At the office this week, there's been no running water as that community has been tapped dry since last Saturday and no concrete fix date. Back to the primitive, I assure you, and it really puts you in the place of those less fortunate on a day-to-day basis as well as the recent quake victims in Chile and Haiti. After watching 2012 last Friday, I was disturbed enough to really feel for the downtrodden. Bless you all.

Upcoming here at the site, expect another installment of the 2003 Headbangers Interview Sessions. For fun I'll leave the guest's identity a mystery. Been behind on reviews, so those will get along like dogies very shortly. Four chapters left on the first draft on the novel...feeling like a proud papa who has to let his chicklings go into the world and still needing to refine them just a few clicks before the world gets a good gander.

Speaking of papa, my boy is all over Judas Priest, even if I was very much stuck on The Clash's London Calling as it designed one of the novel's chapters. I just adored watching the kid headbang and yell "Music...loud, Daddy!" You betcha, kid, you betcha...



The Clash - London Calling
The Clash - s/t
Dark Tranquillity - We Are the Void
Free Reign - Tragedy EP
Judas Priest - British Steel
Judas Priest - Point of Entry
Judas Priest - Hell Bent for Leather
Pink Floyd - Meddle
Pink Floyd - Animals
Ratt - Infestation
Icarus Witch - Songs for the Lost

11 comments:

bob_vinyl said...

TSOL - Hit and Run
TSOL - Revenge
Papermoons - New Tales
New Model Army - Today is a Good Day
The Lurkers - Fulham Fallout
Cock Sparrer - Here We Stand
Forcentury - Vanguard
Tia Carrera - The Quintessential
Clair De Lune - Assisted Living
Appleseed Cast - Lost Songs
The Clash - London Calling
Budgie - Squawk

bob_vinyl said...

I forgot to add A Quiet Normal Life: The Best of Warren Zevon.

Jeff said...

Buzzcocks - Singles Going Steady
The Offspring - Ixnay on the Hombre
The Offspring - Smash
Sleepy Sun - Embrace
Sleepy Sun - Fever
The White Stripes - Elephant
The White Stripes - Icky Thump
CCR - The Singles Collection
Wolfmother - Cosmic Egg
Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous
Bob Dylan - The Times Are A Changin
Margot & the Nuclear So and So's - The Daytrotter Sessions

The Klepto said...

1. Ahkmed - Chicxulub
2. Ahkmed - Distance
3. Airbourne - No Guts. No Glory.
4. Blind Dog - Captain Dog Logs Out
5. Blind Dog - Captain Dog Rides Again
6. Boston - Boston
7. Cloudkicker - ]]][[[
8. Funkadelic - America Eats Its Young
9. Gorillaz - Plastic Beach
10. Graveyard - Graveyard
11. Infectious Grooves - Groove Family Cyco
12. Infectious Grooves - The Plague That Makes Your Booty Move... It's The Infectious Grooves
13. Infectious Grooves - Sarsippius' Ark
14. The Offspring - Americana
15. Parliament - The Clones Of Dr. Funkenstein
16. Parliament - Funkentelechy Vs. the Placebo Syndrome
17. Parliament - Mothership Connection
18. Parliament - Osmium
19. Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine
20. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
21. Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way
22. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
23. Uriah Heep - Demons And Wizards

DPTH International said...

Voivod - studio albums
Evile - Enter the Grave, Infected Nations
Lazarus AD - The Onslaught
Warrant-DRFSR, Cherry Pie & Dod eat Dog
Slaughter - Stick it to ya, The Wild Life
Children Of Bodom-Skeletons In The Closet
Six Feet Under-Graveyard Classics 1 & 2 & 3
Death Angel-Frolic Through The Park
Warrior Soul-Chill Pill

cjk_44 said...

Dark Tranquillity – We Are the Void
Blood of the Black Owl – A Banishing Ritual
Divine Eve – Vengeful and Obstinate
H.I.M. – Screamworks
Die Among Heroes – s/t
Isis – Oceanic
The Gathering – Sleepy Buildings
Queensryche – Tribe
Everclear – Sparkle and Fade
Steve Earle – Townes
George Harrison – Let it Roll: Songs by George Harrison

Reading: “Born Standing Up: A Comic’s Life” by Steve Martin

Watching: “Alice in Wonderland” in 3-D

Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

cjk, killer list...what are your impressions of Alice? I've heard arguments from both sides of the fence

Bob, good seeing you tonight...a little Clash unity, eh? Cock Sparrer is a band I haven't ever replace from cassettes and I should've

Jeff, thanks for the Wolfmother reminder...only played my copy once and have been meaning to bring it out again...great Buzzcocks albums...one of my all-time favorite punk albums

Klepto, I continue to bow to you for the amount and the diversity you consume

Dpth, daring mix of the hair vs. the thrash...I've been wanting to replace my cassette of Frolic in the Park

cjk_44 said...

Tim Burton films are always fun to watch - he's done better so i suspect the complaints are coming from the folks that have unrealistic expectations. the 3D is more for realism rather than super FX (i understand it was filmed in 2D and then rendered in 3D). the story narrative is a bit screwy as it lumps Alice in Wonderland with Through the Looking Glass. it has a *Hollywood* ending. regardless, highly recommended.

The Klepto said...

I spend an hour driving to and from work so I use that time to listen to a full album of something I've already heard (the classics mostly). And then I try to get one album done while I check my e-mail/cook dinner/etc, and that is almost always something I've never heard before. Diversity is the key to life.

Metal Mark said...

Gamma Ray-To the metal!
Helloween-Unarmed, Better than Raw, KOTSK pt.1
Damien-Stop this war
Minor Threat-The complete discography
Dokken-Tooth and nail
Armory-The dawn of enlightenment
The Exploited-Horror Epics
Blind Guardian-Battalions of fear
The good, the bad and the ugly soundtrack
Dio-Dream Evil
Qantice-The cosmocinesy

Watching Home Improvement season 2

Reading cookbooks and space opera book that I keep falling asleep during. Although I think that's my fault and not the book.

DPTH International said...

I have yet to get Frolic Through The Park on CD. I downloaded it from iTunes.

The only copy I've seen has been a part of the 4 disc boxset and I can't bring myself to pay 60 bucks when all I want is the one disc.