The Metal Minute Awarded 2009 Best Personal Blog By Metal Hammer Magazine

Friday, April 29, 2011

Metal Louvre: Armored Saint - March of the Saint



Not much dialogue needed for this one, other than to state I have in my archives somewhere, a looseleaf rendition of these knights from March of the Saint which took me an entire afternoon of freehand to replicate. I, of course spun March of the Saint on cassette over and over, along with Delirious Nomad. Remember, in those days, you had to stop and flip the tape over. Sometimes you had to fast-forward to reach the end of a side before flipping. Sometimes you fast-forwarded if the song sucked. Assuredly, nothing sucked about March of the Saint, one the most metal album covers in the genre's history.

2 comments:

hez said...

omg...i did the same exact thing with this album...drew the cover knights over and over again. ha!

Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

LOL, I was too concentrated upon them to try the rest of the cover.