The Metal Minute Awarded 2009 Best Personal Blog By Metal Hammer Magazine

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Metal Louvre: AC/DC - If You Want Blood...



For the hard rockin' gorehound inside ya, was anything more satisfying than this hilariously nasty cover?

Doesn't seem like a big deal for today's generation, but if you owned a record store back in the early eighties, you either displayed AC/DC's If You Want Blood... front and center like a trophy or you directed any inquiring customers to its hiding spot in the A's.

I personally remember being fascinated to bloody pieces (pun intended) at age 11 by Angus Young's sleight of hand self-impalement gag when I ventured into a local record shop that did put If You Want Blood... on the wall behind the counter. I also vividly remember the clerk winking at me as I stared incredulously at the album and saying "I'm still trying to figure out how he did it too."

There's a reason record stores have a special vibe you can't get anywhere else.

2 comments:

Metal Mark said...

The back cover is cool too.

Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

Indeed!