The Metal Minute Awarded 2009 Best Personal Blog By Metal Hammer Magazine

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Whattya Listenin' to Wednesday - 5/25/11

Greetings once again, readers!

I'm in a bit of a somber mood watching all of these awful tornadoes rip up the country. Yet again Nature proves to be the great equalizer over the industrial world. Prayers out to all those affected by these brutal storms.

Stay tuned this week at The Metal Minute for a look at the new Enslaved EP, the latest from Death Mental, the reissue of Sick from Duff McKagan's Loaded and the faboo new tin case re-release of AC/DC's concert film Let There Be Rock.

Though I'm not really into celeb worship and shows that pander to the already famous, congrats to Hines Ward for taking Dancing With the Stars. Steeltown, represent! A bigger congrats to Kirstie Alley for showing that a 60 year old woman has the power to dig deep inside and pull off what she did. I was in awe of her. And where will you be today, when Oprah signs off? Me, I'll be working.

Forevermore, thank you for being here, people...




Def Leppard - High 'n Dry
Zombi - Escape Velocity
Zombi - Surface to Air
American Heritage - Sedentary
Sepultura - Kairos
Windmills By the Ocean - s/t
Voivod - Infini
Elvis Presley - Elvis is Back! Legacy Edition
Bruce Springsteen - The Promise
Nazareth - Big Dogz
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Axis: Bold as Love
Thin Lizzy - Johnny the Fox
Iggy and the Stooges - Raw Power Legacy Edition
Rolling Stones - Let it Bleed
Warsawpack - Stocks and Bombs
Nightmare Revisited
The Return of the Living Dead soundtrack
The Nazz - Open Our Eyes: The Anthology
The Who - The Who Sell Out
Genesis - Abacab
Genesis - Selling England By the Pound
Bonnie Raitt - Luck of the Draw
Amy Winehouse - Back to Black

5 comments:

cjk_44 said...

While Heaven Wept – Fear of Infinity
The Ocean – Precambrian
Metallica – Load
Megadeth – Youthanasia
Opeth – Still Life
Probot – s/t
Shadows Fall – Somber Eyes to the Sky
O.S.I. – Free
Quicksand – Manic Depression
My Dying Bride – 34.788% … Complete
Lefay – S.O.S.
Blind Guardian – Imaginations from the Other Side
Callenish Circle – My Passion/Your Pain
Robert Plant – Shaken N Stirred
King’s X – Out of the Silent Planet
Billy Sheehan – Compression

Watching: NHL Playoffs

Reading: “Mustaine: A Heavy Metal Memoir” by Dave Mustaine and Joe Layden

Metal Mark said...

Watching-
Voyagers
A-team season 2

Reading-
A bunch of Young Adult books to present at the schools.

Listening-
Pharaoh-Ten Years
Crashdiet-all three
Sister-Hatred
Falconer-Armod
Gypsy Pistolero-Duende:The last of the pistoleros
Iron Maiden-From fear to eternity
Judas Priest-Defenders of the faith
Hatriot (w/Steve Souza)-demo
Orange Goblin-Box set
Argus-Boldy stride the doomed
Hanoi rocks-all
Acid King-III
Zombi-Spirit animal and surface to air (downloaded these based on your praise of them)
Metal Church-s/t

Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

cjk, terrific list as always. I finished the Mustaine book not too long ago. Good read, confirmed a lot of what I suspected and made me happy I chose the right side in the old Megadeth/Metallica wars. Quite a Game 6 tonight with Boston and Tampa, huh? That was a great game.

Mark, let me know your impressions of Zombi once you've soaked those albums up. They're not a metal band, but they are absolutely one of my absolute favorite bands of the past decade. I play the tar of them every time I get them off the shelf.

taotechuck said...

Literally no music for me this week, I'm just not in the mood for anything right now.

It's nice to see Warsawpack make an appearance. That record impressed me when it came out, and this is a good reminder to revisit it.

Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

Enjoy the revisit, Chuck. I love that album. Glad Bob got it to me. It's rather brilliant and I wish hip hop still had that kind of verve with something to say.