The Metal Minute Awarded 2009 Best Personal Blog By Metal Hammer Magazine

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Whattya Listenin' to Wednesday - 5/4/11

Greetings, cats, a hectic 'n harried week for your truly, keeping production down a bit here at The Metal Minute, but I'm receiving your emails off-site and I can never say it enough, but thanks, thanks, thanks for your support.

The big whirlwind news, of course, is the death of Osama Bin Laden. I have no comment to offer, honestly. The celebration of a killing leaves me cold, even if this killing was done in the name of countless passed souls attributed to one man's deeds. If his execution brings about world peace, then fate has done its will.

While I'm starting to get the shits of this constant rain, I will again be thankful for having a roof over my head and offer my continued prayer to those around the entire world who cannot say the same thing.

Hang tight here at The Metal Minute and we'll bop and bang away true. Savvy...



Brian Setzer Orchestra - Songs From Lonely Avenue
The Rods - Vengeance
Pentagram - Last Rites
Megadeth - The System Has Failed
Rory Gallagher - Crest of a Wave: The Best of Rory Gallagher
Grace Jones - Warm Leatherette
Mountain - Climbing!
Paul Simon - So Beautiful Or So What
R.E.M. - And I Feel Fine: The Best of the IRS Years 1982-1987
Shonen Knife - Let's Knife
Thievery Corporation - The International Sound
Thievery Corporation - The Mirror Conspiracy

8 comments:

Metal Mark said...

Murphy's Law-s/t and Back with a bong
Backslider/Nimbus Terrifix-split album
Diamond Lane-World without heroes
Wrathchild-Delerium and The biz suxx
Slayer-Hell awaits
Evildead-Annihilation of civilization
Soil of ignorance/Wadge-split album
Ethereal Riffian-Shahman's Vision
Samhain-Initium, November coming fire
Motley Crue-Too fast for love
Gates of slumber-The wretch
Metallica-Ride the lightning, And Justice for all (Justice for Jason mix)

bob_vinyl said...

Grateful Dead - Anthem of the Sun
Grateful Dead - Aoxomoxoa
Grateful Dead - Workingman's Dead
Grateful Dead - American Beauty
Grateful Dead - s/t (Skull & Roses)
Grateful Dead - Wake of the Flood
Bob Weir - Ace
Paul Simon - Surprise
Cryptic Slaughter - Convicted
Anthrax - Among the Living

Metal Mark said...

Woo-hoo, Cryptic Slaughter! Wait, they aren't that exciting. They are noisy though.

taotechuck said...

Weather Station - The Line
Underworld - Second Toughest...
Grateful Dead - Aoxomoxoa
Grateful Dead - Live/Dead
Grateful Dead - Anthem of the Sun
Pan American - s/t
Pan American - Quiet City
Pan American - The River Made No Sound
Delibes - Lakme (Lombard, Mesple)
Sarah McLachlan - Solace
Sarah McLachlan - Touch
Drive-By Truckers - Brighter Than Creation's Dark

taotechuck said...

Hey Ray (and other local readers), just saw this on the Pratt Library web site and thought you might be interested:

Megadeth for Cello
Cello rock band Primitivity plays selections from its recent album. The group was selected as a 2010 Artist in Residence at Strathmore Hall in Bethesda, MD. Copies of the CD will be available for purchase after the performance.
Enoch Pratt Free Library, Light Street Branch, Saturday, May 07, 3:00 p.m.

cjk_44 said...

Explosions in the Sky – Take Care, Take Care, Take Care
Misery Index – Discordia
Bloodbath – Breeding Death
Symphony X – V
Evergrey – The Inner Circle
Scar Symmetry – Symmetric by Design
Down – II: A Bustle in Your Hedgerow
Deftones – Saturday Night Wrist
Seemless – What Have We Become
Stratovarius – Visions
Porcupine Tree – Stupid Dream
Rush – Signals
The Who – It’s Hard
Bad Company – Run With the Pack
Steve Morse Band – Coast to Coast
Soul Asylum – Grave Dancers Union
Joe Bonamassa – Black Rock

Watching: NHL Playoffs

taotechuck said...

CJK, how's the new Explosions? Any surprises?

Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

Chuck, that 'deth for cello project sounds pretty wild. I suppose Mustaine should be touched his music is being selected for classical reinvention instead of hiring out a symphony to play with

Mark, didn't know about a Justice for Jason mix, but it's about time, I say.

Bob, I think I mentioned to Chuck last time around I've historically given the Dead an unfair shake and I should one day begin to really explore them. I have the hits album from the 70s that I got for a couple bucks in a grocery store and even that little bit on the comp told me I'd been wrong to slag them all these years.

cjk, I'm ashamed of myself for not dialing into the Stanley Cup as much as I should. I've watched some of the games, but mostly I've been watching the back of my eyelids lately and that pisses me off.