The Metal Minute Awarded 2009 Best Personal Blog By Metal Hammer Magazine

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Whattya Listenin' to Wednesday - 6/22/11

Avast and harle, ye faithful swabs!

Okay, so I'm a bit carried away from Father's Day in which my whole clan hauled me off to the latest Pirates of the Carribean flick which was much better than the previous two and nearly on par with the original. What a nice diversion from all the stress and chaos.

A hug, a kiss and a honk to my wifey of 16 years as of this past Friday. Don't know how we did it, but 16 and counting, my pigeon...

As the boxes slowly empty and the next strategies of this life begin to unfurl, I'm just thankful to be given the opportunities I have, new ones including a very rewarding magazine assignment where I covered a local history museum. Always great when your host and curator wraps an hour and a half tour with an encore of music chat!

Now that I've turned my copy in ahead of deadline, the agenda previously outlayed here will resume and move forward from that point. Do hang out with us, yes?




A Pale Horse Named Death - s/t
Cellout - Superstar Prototype
Prong - Beg to Differ
Rainbow - Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow
Rainbow - Rising
Jimi Hendrix - South Saturn Delta
Boris - Akuma No Uta
Nick Drake - Bryter Layter
The Yardbirds - The Very Best of The Yardbirds
The Cars - Move Like This
Burning Brides - Hang Love
Rammstein - Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da
Tron: Legacy Reconfigured
Yes - Relayer
Foster the People - Torches
Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
The Black Keys - Brothers
Flogging Molly - Speed of Darkness
Molly Hatchet - Greatest Hits II

5 comments:

Metal Mark said...

Pestilence-Doctrine, Cosuming Impulse
Anthrax-July 1982 demo
Malice-In the beginning
Yes-The Yes album, Tales from Topographic oceans, Going for the one, Fragile, Drama, Relayer, Fly from here
Journey-Eclipse
Thin Lizzy-Nightlife
Admiral Browning-Battle Stations
Metallica-Metal up your ass demo 1982
Xecutioner-Metal up your ass demo 1985
Iron Maiden-s/t
Patsy Cline-The best of
Bastardz-Jungle Outlawz

taotechuck said...

Nice to see Mumford finally getting some love 'round these parts. Well, maybe not love, but at least a listen. Probably my favorite album of '10. I can't explain the way that record energizes me.

Kind of a lame week for me. Not back in the swing of listening to music yet. Heard Julie London for the first time, though, and her voice definitely struck me.

Julie London - Sings the Choicest of Cole Porter
Julie London - Julie Is Her Name
Julie London - Julie Is Her Name Vol 2
Satie - Avant-Dernières Pensées, Alexandre Tharaud
Tanya Donelly - This Hungry Life
Belly - King
Grateful Dead - Dick's Picks Vol. 4

DPTH International said...

Deceased - Fearless Undead Machines, The Blueprints For Madness, Behind The Mourners Veil, Supernatural Addiction, Corpses Souls & Other Strangeness, As The Weird Travel On
Decision D - Razon De La Muerte
Decyfer Down - End Of Grey
Defender - They Came Over The High Pass
Defiance - The Prophecy, Insomnia (includes Product Of Society, Void Terra Firma, Beyond Recognition)
Defyance - Transitional Forms
Dekapitator - The Storm Before The Calm
Deliverance - Learn, What A Joke, Camelot In Smithereens, Stay Of Execution
Demons & Wizards - S/T, Touched By The Crimson King
Demon Hunter - S/T, Summer Of Darkness, The Triptych, Storm The Gates Of Hell , The World Is A Thorn
Demoniciduth - Post Tenebras Lux,
Dogs Of The Antichrist

Also listened to:
These Kids Wear Crowns - Jumpstart
The Creepshow - Run For Your Life
Becoming The Archetype - Celestial Completion
Taking Back Sunday - Tell all your Friends
Tyr - The Lay of Thrym

cjk_44 said...

This week I've only listened to classic rock via random feature on iPod.

Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

Mark, I still have to hear the new Yes album. Your thoughts? I too went on Yes binge not too long ago.

Chuck, yeah, that Mumford and Sons album is exhilirating. Very, very busy record.

Dpth, kudos on your alpha dedicating, bro!

cjk, unfortunately, after my wife slid on ice and totaled my truck, I'm driving a '93 vehicle since that's all I could get with the insurance money. No CD player, sob...unfortunately, classic rock is pretty much most of what I'm privy to or can stomach since FM sucks.