The Metal Minute Awarded 2009 Best Personal Blog By Metal Hammer Magazine

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Whattya Listenin' to Wednesday (The Late Night Edition) 4/11/12

Evening, readers! After a full 12 hour shift, I'm pretty far gone for the night, but I know some people have inquired me about resurrecting the Whattya Listenin' to Wednesday segment here at The Metal Minute. If that applies to you, you'd best be participating and kick out your jams right here! I can't promise to do it every week, but we'll let nature dictate.

A new Boris album is due out on the 17th of this month and I'm giddy just thinking about it. This is the best band on the planet outside of Maiden and I'm psyched beyond words for some future Boris mania. Thus my playlist reflects more than just a little love for Wata, Atsuo and Takeshi. Hails forever to the thunder from the east, and I'm not talking about Loudness--still a cool, classic metal band of their time. Boris, though? These cats occupy a different space on this planet than the rest of us.



Boris - Heavy Rocks
Boris - Attention Please
Boris - Pink
Boris - Smile
Boris - Akuma No Uta
Boris - Flood
Boris - The Thing Which Solomon Overlooked
Boris - Amplifier Worship
Boris - Absolutego
Boris With Michio Kurihara - Rainbow
BXI - s/t EP
Sunn O))) & Boris - Altar
The Spittin' Cobras - Year of the Cobra
Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
Accept - Stalingrad
Epica - Requiem for the Indifferent
Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP
Ufomammut - Oro Opus Primum
Long Distance Calling - Satellite Bay
Kraftwerk - Trans Europe Express
Can - Delay
Can - Future Days
Neu! - s/t
The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
Amy Winehouse - Frank
Roxy Music - s/t

5 comments:

cjk_44 said...

Meshuggah – Koloss
O.S.I. – Fire Make Thunder
Iron Maiden – En Vivo!
Rush – Moving Pictures
Social Distortion – Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes
The Black Keys – Attack and Release
John Cougar – s/t

this is what i was listening to the week ending 4/11/2012 as i was a.r. enough to keep track of my listening habits over that last six months.

Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

LOL, that's awesome. I've been stuck on The Black Keys' El Camino a good while, such a good album. Thanks for posting, bro. I had so many people ask me about doing this segment again and nobody came to play until now. Appreciate it.

cjk_44 said...

build (post) it and they will come.

i'll be first in line every week until every one joins back in.

Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

LOL Blog of Dreams

Littleszng said...

Meshuggah – Koloss O.S.I. – Fire Make Thunder Iron Maiden – En Vivo! Rush – Moving Pictures Social Distortion – Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes The Black Keys – Attack and Release John Cougar – s/t this is what i was listening to the week ending 4/11/2012 as i was a.r. enough to keep track of my listening habits over that last six months.